Indulgences for the Poor Souls during November:
A plenary indulgence, which is applicable only to the Poor Souls in Purgatory, is granted to the Christian faithful who devoutly visit a church or an oratory on November 2nd., All Souls Day. The requirements are:
- Visit a church and pray for souls in Purgatory
- Say one “Our Father” and the “Apostles Creed” in the visit to the church
- Say one “Our Father” and one “Hail Mary” for the Pope’s intentions
- Worthily receive Holy Communion (ideally on the same day if you can get to Mass)
- Make a sacramental confession within 20 days of All Souls Day
- For a plenary indulgence, be free from all attachment to sin, even venial sin
Requiem aeternam dona ei [pl.eis], Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei [eis]. Requiescat [-ant] in pace Amen.
Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.